1 Chronicles 16:7-36
7.Then on that day David delivered first this psalm to thank the Lord into the hand of Asaph and his brethern.
8.Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.
9.Sing unto him,sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works.
10.Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
11. Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually.
12. Remember his marvelous works that he hath done, his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;
13.O ye seed of Israel his servant, ye children of Jacob, his chosen ones.
14.He is the LORD our God; his judgments are in all the earth.
15. Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations;
16.Even of the covenant which he made with Abraham, and of his oath to Issac;
17.And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant,
18.Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance;
19.When ye were but few, even a few, and strangers in it.
20. And when they went from nation to nation, and from one kingdom to another people;
21. He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes,
22.Saying, Touch not mine anointed and do my prophets no harm.
23.Sing unto the LORD, all the earth;shew forth from day to day his salvation.
24.Declare his glory among the heathen; his marvelous works among all nations.
25. For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised: he also is to be feared above all gods.
26.For all the gods of the people are idols: but the Lord made the heavens.
27.Glory and honour are in his presence;strength and gladness are in his place.
28. Give unto the LORD, ye kindreds of the people, give unto the LORD glory and stregnth.
29. Give unto the LORD, the glory due into his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
30. Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved
31.Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice: and let men say among the nations, The Lord reigneth.
32.Let the sea roar, and the fullness thereof: let the fields rejoice, and all that is therein.
33. Then shall the trees of the wood sing out at the presence of the LORD, because he cometh to judge the earth.
34.O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good, for his mercy endureth for ever.
35. And say ye, Save us, O God of our salvation, and gather us together and deliver us from the heathen, that we may give thanks to thy holy name, and the glory in thy praise.
36.Blessed be the LORD God of Israel for ever and ever. And all the people said Amen, and praised the LORD.
Observations-I see focus and peace when I read the scriptures. Everyone is the audience in these scriptures. The word Praise stands out to me. It has made me rethink my spiritual walk after reading Praise and I have never thought about Praise like this until I read these scriptures today.
As I read the scriptures I realized that I need to focus on God more and tune a lot of sillyness out of my life. I also have realized that we should praise him all of the time and not just when at church. This is what we were born to do. Also, I feel that as Christians we don’t honor God as much as we do provately as we do openly. Your inward confession to God comes out when you openly worship God because when you speak to God a lot he becomes a friend or a relative to you and not just a person you pass by in a store. It changes your relationship with him when you give him a couple of hours out of the 24 hours that he provides for us in a day. This has actually changed my mindset because I have focusing problems but I am glad this verse has helped me and I will get better and better as the days go by.
I admit that I have not been reading my word like I should and I have not been giving you the time that you need and I am sorry and I will be doing better. I will be changing myself to get back where I need to be with you. When I get back where I was all of these unneeded distractions will disappear.
In Jesus Name-Amen