1. Fire is a form of destruction. It is also a form of creation. Cleansing the very parts of you that you don’t like to look at.
2. You don’t have to keep setting yourself on fire. You don’t have to swallow the ashes that they left you to sleep in.
3. He smells like gasoline and you have always been so afraid of boys with flint in their eyes and hearts made out of kindling.
4. Parts of you are all volcanic rock and you are afraid, sometimes, that you’ll never remember what it was to be soft again.
5. He tells you that he isn’t afraid of fire, so you laugh and tell him that he isn’t the one who will be burning.