Being a morning person is hard. Being a morning person on a Monday with the rush hour traffic and the phones ringing off the hook at work is that much more harder. Sometimes I feel like the only way I’m getting through it is with coffee.
The best piece of advice I can give you is:
- Wake up earlier. Not only will you have more hours in the day but it will give you time to wind yourself up. If possible, fit your workouts in at this time. It will wake you up, make you feel good, and you get it knocked off first thing in the morning.
- Always eat breakfast and drink water. I honestly do not do a lot of this but I am trying to! When you eat breakfast, you are able to be more productive and won’t feel near starving when it’s lunchtime.
- Make sure you’ve planned what to wear the night before. For mommy, the longest part of my mornings are spent hitting the snooze button and then deciding what to wear. If you are unsure of the outfit you’ve picked out then lay out a second one as well for backup.
- Fix the bed. Not sure if this only works for me but I feel a tad bit more put together once the bed is fixed. Plus, it’s nice to come home to.
- Remember that list I spoke about in yesterday’s entry? Whip it out. It can be a paper or a planner but just know what you are trying to accomplish today. Are you trying to read a chapter in a book? Planning on working out? Learning something new at school/work?
- Set time limits for yourself. While school and work is an important part of life so are your family, friends, passions, and health. It is never selfish to put you first. Self-love is the best love there is.
- Always get a good night’s rest. If necessary, set a routine for the time you sleep and put your alarm clock across the room. You’ll be annoyed at first but you’ll find it to be a much better approach into making sure you’re up by a certain time rather than having it nearby and being able to snooze it every 5 minutes.
- Forgive yourself. Everyone has bad days. Don’t beat yourself up over it. Think about it, write it down, talk about it if you like but know that there is always a time to redeem yourself. Do not lose sleep over it.
I love you. Good night.