Terry’s health updates 12/18

After much thought, Terry has decided not to get the defibrillator. After his month and a half experience with one last year, he feels the cons out weigh the pros. Looking at the numbers, there is a 55% chance of sudden cardiac death(another widowmaker) but there is a 45% chance he never will. That is pretty much a 50/50 chance it may or may not ever happen.

With the defibrillator, he would only have a 35% better chance of surviving it. He doesn’t feel the percentage is high enough to warrent the pain and problems of having one.

Now as a side not, his current cardiologist does not take the insurance he has now, nor do they see self pay patients. He can not be seen at the only cardiology practice in Aiken county so we are currently searching for a cardiologist within driving distance. 

That is it for now. We hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas.

Leave a Reply

SCROLL TO TOP