Another day…

Well. What a difference a day makes. 

I went to bed last night upset and near tears. I woke up this morning in a mood. One of those flip everything and everyone off moods. Oh, the coffee maker didn’t come on automatically? You get the bird. My keys are laying in a different spot on the table? And a hearty middle finger to you sir. Just one of those days. Then I spilled coffee on my arm getting in the car. 


I made it to work only about two minutes late. I started doing my morning routine and my boss comes into my office. She’s in a snit. “What’s the last thing you did Friday? Did you finish with that paperwork that I gave you? Are you ready for another list? Where are those envelopes that I needed done this morning?” 

I finished what I was doing and then tried to answer her questions. She was just being so manic this morning! There were a lot of curse words muttered under my breath while I was trying to get her calm and thinking clearly. I told her I would have the envelopes ready to put in the mail before 10 a.m. and if she wanted to give me another set to send out, to just lay them on my desk and they would be ready too. She just walked back to her office and didn’t say anything. 

So, I started working on envelopes. Crazy thing. They were done well before the mail was picked up. I did other things and stayed very busy most of the day. There were irate customers and tons of phone calls. I think I got called a thief and a liar about ten times today. And you know, I’m ok with that. 

The other girl in my office actually did some work today. Jess stuff envelopes and made labels just like she had a real job! She forgot to do the daily financial report for the big boss though and I didn’t remind her. I must be a bad co-worker. It’s not that I want her to fail, but I want someone other than myself to see how lazy she is. 

The best part of my day was going for a run at lunch. I’ve been doing this for about two weeks now and seriously, it keeps me from stabbing people in the neck. I do think I’m going to have to hit up a doctor soon. Every time I start running more than three miles a week, I get these major bruises on the side of my legs. Sometimes painful, sometimes not. They’ll fade and things will be fine in a week or so. So maybe no doctor this time. 

Anyway, I get home with supper for tonight and stuff to make supper tomorrow night. I change clothes and my lovely husband starts talking about his day. I listen and when I start to tell him about my day, he starts watching videos on Facebook. So…I stop talking. He finally puts the phone down and listens to me. 

I love him. I really do but I’ve got to train him that supper is a time for us to talk and catch up. 

Anyway, I can’t complain about him. He’s amazing. He’s funny. He’s smart. He’s loving and caring. He just has a few little things that drive me insane. But such is marriage. 

There’s chicken, mushrooms, garlic and marsala wine in the crock pot in the fridge just waiting for tomorrow’s supper. My honey is in the bed and my soap is almost over. Just about time to turn in for the night. 

I just hope my mood keeps improving. 

Leave a Comment: