Today I watched a youtube video on manageing mental health in the workplace. The video is called ‘Mental illness in the workplace- tips for employees.’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0C1NGc8qb0
Findings that I observed from the video include:
- the most common observable mental illnesses in the workplace are depression, anxiety and eating disorders
- discrimination laws protects employees with mental illnesses when reporting their issues to supervisors or human resources
- managing mental illnesses is critical for people in the work force as to continue being productive. They can do this through scheduling, taking longer breaks etc.
- management should be open with communicating with individuals with disabilities
- creating solutions is the key to satisfaction