Wednesday, 8/10/16, 9:58pm, home on the couch

I’m having trouble getting back into the habit of writing. That is disappointing to me.

Yesterday I left off in Savannah. We did a really fun online scavenger hunt that took us all over downtown Savannah. And we stopped to have drinks a couple times.  Then we checked into our hotel. My sister Sarah is so nice.  I don’t know how she does it. I wish I could be more like her.  Then we walked to dinner at this great little place we had stumbled upon on our scavenger hunt. I don’t remember the name but we all had salmon and it was FANTASTIC.  And so was the service.  And all of our servers were hot guys.  It was like the perfect restaurant for women.

Sarah was really tired (she had gotten up to run at 5:30 that morning) so we called it a night and went back to the hotel and went to bed.  In the morning, we drove to a little town called St. Mary, GA.  We parked the car, bought snacks, and boarded a ferry.  We went to Cumberland Island. It was fucking amazing.  As soon as you get off the boat there are palm trees and wild horses everywhere.  This place was so beautiful.  We went all over the souther half of the island on bicycles we rented from the ferry company. It was a gorgeous day and the island was flat and wooded but with so many live oaks and palm bushes that it felt like jungle. Having a gorgeous, white sandy beach all to ourselves was phenomenal. 

On the drive back to Jacksonville we stopped at Whole Foods and had dinner.  We were exhausted and starving and it was a pretty awesome meal. We went back to the house and SArah and I got in the pool for a bit. Lauren and I sat down in the living to watch a documentary and then I went to bed.

Monday Lauren took the day off work and Nathan was back from his trip we went and had some funs. All of the things I really wanted to do were closed. We tried to do a couple things from an article that I found in the Folio titled 100 things to do in Jacksonville before you die.  We tried to sneak in to Public School Number 4 which is supposed to haunted, but it was impossible to do in broad daylight and without something to cover up the barbed wire at the top of the fence.  Then we found a bunch of murals and took pics in front of them. We went to the Dreamette and had ice crean, it was awesome. We walked a labyrinth at St. John’s and we went to an arcade that was meh.  We went back to the house and I started to clean the kitchen and make dinner. Ben came over for dinner and then we all watched Hottub Time Machine. It was so funny. I loved it.  Tuesday morning Nathan drove me back to Orlando and I flew home.

When I got home I went grocery shopping at NT.  Came home and unpacked and went to bed.  Today I got up and went to the gym.  Came home to shower and then went to Lincoln for short Work Comp thing.  That was an interesting experience.  The work comp court in Lincoln is like Fort Knox. Drove back to Omaha and tried to meet with Jim Crampton but he had to cancel.  Then I went back to the gym to finish my workout and meditate. Then I went to teach at NT.  

Gabe is being a dick.  I am miserable. Not just because of Gabe but that is certainly a major factor.  I feel really uncomfortable in my home.  It feels cold and messy and unwelcoming all the time. I don’t want to be here ever and I don’t want to be alone. I’m so glad I have court all day tomorrow. 

Leave a Comment: