I have a list of the things I want to think about as the year proceeds:
- pay attention to details
- do something decisive today for your future
- complete things
- don’t run roughshod over people
- don’t be a scatterbrained mess
- be a mature adult in a sober living space
- I will not treat people as tools, pawns or puppies. They’re people and they deserve respect.
It’s funny that folks tell me that I’m not that way but I think I could do better. I’ve slipped up and regretted it over the past year and I think these things are vague enough that I can look around and be flexible enough to deal with whatever the day brings and still apply them.
What can I do to be less scattered:
- clear up the room so it’s organized with launch pads
- eat a balanced diet with brain healthy foods (got a datebook to log my diet!)
- be aware of what’s bothering me so I don’t distract myself with mindless busyness
- keep a list of next right things
- only put shifts in my calendar when i’ve just been looking at the shift chart
- take the time to rest enough
So far today, I went to volunteer a week early and then came home 🙁
I’ve been logging my food for just over a week with sundays off
I’ve realized a few things I should have done so I put them on a list to get them done before the end of the week
Heading to watch an hour of tv, then do 3 right things before bed.