So aside from the introductory post, I thought I would collate some random information about me so that you can get to know me better. Sorry it has been a few days since I have posted, my head has been in a bit of a spin lately. But anyway, onto the facts…
- I have recently developed a nervous habit of picking at the skin around my nails. I do not know why I have started doing it, but I need to stop else my fingers are going to be sore.
- Speaking of nails, I have a bruised/damaged nail on my left hand from an old set of acrylics that were removed badly – however this is growing out slowly, I do not tend to notice it unless I am picking at the skin.
- I do not go to the hairdressers as often as I should – I have some serious split ends and a dye job that needs topping up.
- I have had the same coat for about three years now, although I have recently ordered some online, I am just waiting for them to be delivered!
- I thank train drivers, as they tend to step out on to the platform and all. But it annoys me when people do not thank bus drivers or anyone who provides the public a service, such as waiters, servers, taxi drivers or even information points in a shopping centre.
- I am not a massive fan of London, as much as I love Hyde Park and the Natural History Museum, it just has too many people and I know it is a touristy place but it’s madness. Also, the underground – just ew.
- In recent years, I have become a bit of a germaphobe. Not to the excessive OCD standards, but more so to the point where I have an anti-bacterial gel in each of my bags.
- I have always lived in the United Kingdom, whilst I have never moved abroad, I have had a few holidays, but none outside of Europe.
- I have only ever been to France, Spain, Mallorca, Italy and Guernsey. Wow I need to travel more.
- I love my job, well love might be a strong word, so lets settle for like. Most likely it is because who I work with rather than what I am doing, we are all like a weird, lovable, dysfunctional family.
- I do not like Apple (not the fruit, the brand). Aside from the fact that I do own an iPad Air (it is my virtual diary), Apple products are overpriced and are too mainstream and I just do not get the appeal. That sounds really hypocritical, but oh well.
- Speaking of things that I dislike, another one would be fashion and the ‘trends’ it brings. I know this is matter of opinion, but some of it is ridiculous – how can you justify paying $800 for a handbag or a pair of sunglasses? If you are rich then fair enough, but spending one months earning on one material thing? I do not get it, but I would rather have a holiday rather than sunglasses.
- My best friend – lets call her Sasha – is my world, my rock and I would not be here today if it was not for her. Honestly, we have been through thick and thin, and whilst we have only been friends a few years, it feels like I have known her a lifetime. Endless lifetimes in fact, through past, present and future lives. She is the one who has constantly supported me through EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING. Sasha has seen me at my worst and at my best, knows my weaknesses and strengths, favourite foods and drinks, and each time we go out, it is endless laughing and smiles and I would honestly be lost without her. Whilst we do not live close to each other, we both know that we could pick up the phone to one another, even after days of not speaking and everything would be normal, as if there were no silence. We pick up where we left off. A true friend. <3
I know they were some pretty random facts but I wanted them to be obscure and not airy-fairy normal facts. So until the next posting,
Love, Lily x