When you want to make a significant change in your daily habits, how do you force yourself to do those new things and make those changes? I need to make healthier changes to my lifestyle, or I’m going to end up with some serious health problems, not to mention large medical bills by the time I’m 35. I need to make a new routine in my life…maybe I need to get a daily agenda like I had when I was in school. I need to put brushing my teeth and exercising into my daily routine. I need to make it a habit to eat a fruit and/or veggie with every meal. I need to make a contract with myself in order to accomplish these goals. So:
I, Shannon, promise to take care of my body, as I only have one that was given to me. In order to do so, I will do the following things:
- Brush my teeth twice a day
- Eat a serving of fruit and/or veggies with every meal
- Make healthier food choices, especially when eating out
- Give up soda
- Go to the gym regularly. On my off days, I will go on evening walks with the hubby.
- Allow myself one sweet treat every day in order to not feel like I’m being too restrictive. However, it must be ONLY one serving size of whatever I may choose.
- Try new recipes and keep and open mind
- Write in this journal daily
I will abide by these terms in order to make myself a healthier being