Alright I am going to get gooshy and lovey on something right now. My boyfriend of a year and nine months is the best thing that has ever happened to me. He’s brought such joy and happiness into my life since we have been dating. And to top it all off we will have been together for 2 years on Jan 2, 2018! That’s crazy to me!! I cannot believe that I have been this happy for almost 2 years now! And every second of it has been amazing.
Now I started with this because I wanted to write something’s down for advice if anyone ever needs it. *Disclaimer: I am in no way a professional. I am just stating some things that have worked for me so I am sharing them with you.
- Always talk EVERYTHING out.
- Don’t go to bed mad at each other
- Have a date night scheduled. Even if that means once a month or once every other month, schedule something for you two to do together alone once in a while.
- Don’t try to change the person you are dating. It doesn’t work and if you don’t like them for who they are than you need to leave them alone and find someone else that you like better because you shouldnt ever try to change someone..
- Eat a meal together and talk about life. Sometimes you just need to catch up with the person you are dating. Whether that be in the morning or late at night for a late night snack. Catch up. Sometimes life can get busy for both of you and at times you may not see each other but at night right before bed, so always make sure you are caught up with each other.
- LISTEN!!!! If there is a problem with something or someone, listen to your significant other. Hear them out and if there is something you do that is really bothering them try and tone it down or just don’t do it around them.
- Little things matter. Every once in a while get some flowers or a card and leave it for your gf or bf as just a reminder that you are always thinking of them!
That’s all I have for now, but I plan to follow up with some other ones soon. Obviously when in a relationship you are both learning about each other and getting to know yourself as well as the other person and sometimes that takes time and patience. But always remember that you have each other for a reason. You are put together to make sure the other person gets through the days of the week and to support each other through everything that they might go through.
Do you have any tips for me? Maybe something you can think of that I didn’t mention? Leave it in the comments down below!