– an area in which one fails to exercise judgment or discrimination
– a tendency to ignore something especially because it is difficult or unpleasant
People who doesn’t change can either be Perfect, Stubborn or Ignorant. Which one am I? Or are you?
– It’s quite obvious that we’re far from this, right? So let’s scratch this one from the list.
– Hard & thick skulled. Most of us are in this category. We know that there are a lot of things that we need to change yet we continuously & deliberately ignore them
– Simply unaware of the things that should be changed.
We’re a combination of 2 & 3. Well, I know I am.
Apparently, to others, I seem like a cocky, conceited and self-centered person, with a very strong personality.
Indeed I am.
A lot of people would probably say, “Are you crazy? Don’t listen to them! Be who you are! Be confident. Don’t let them judge you!” blah blah blah.
I say different. I choose to believe them because they see me on a regular basis. And people are not blind. I’d ignore it if there’s only 1 person who commented about me. I’d probably go, “Well he doesn’t know me enough so he has no basis.” But if there are 2 or more people who said something that are closely related, then I’d believe that.
I’m thankful that God gave me these people. Flaws are there to either make you or break you. That’s why you have to surround yourself with people who would care enough to tell you the flaw that you don’t see or that you chose not to see.
Also, these moments are crucial. They’re painful and would definitely hit you in the gut… But it’s a humbling experience. You need to suck it up and accept them and decide whether you want to be better or not.
As for me, I can’t do this whole ‘change’ thing alone.
It’s a journey. I’m doing it with God 🙂